There are many do-it-yourself test kits available in the market that can help you determine the presence of harmful substances in your home. They’re are supposed to be helpful in protecting the health of your loved ones and keeping the whole family safe. But do they deliver on their promises?
1. Pro-Lab Asbestos Do-It-Yourself Test Kit
Asbestos can have a life-threatening effect on your health. Inhaling the dust containing this type of naturally occurring mineral can cause a serious disease like lung cancer. Avoid personal contact to the wall and floor tiling or roofing materials such as shingles and siding because these are known to contain a high amount of asbestos, especially in houses built in the 1970s. Those areas will produce asbestos dust when they’re moved or destroyed.
Ensure the safety of your family with the help of a Pro-Lab diy asbestos test kit. That is what the manufacturer offers. It is true that it’s an Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) accredited tool. Meaning it is a certified laboratory test that will correctly and precisely examine the collected dust sample from your home. It will provide a qualified laboratory result within a week after receipt of your test samples.
2. Pro-lab Mold Do-It-Yourself Test Kit
This do-it-yourself mold test kit is safe and easy to use providing credible results you can trust. It should be utilized as your preliminary action in recognizing poisonous mold spores that can cause damage to your health and your home. A Pro-lab Mold Test Kit can identify the presence of black mold, pollen, and dust mites.
Moldy surfaces in your home can liberate spores into the air when they’re disturbed or destroyed. Mold spores are reproductive matters like seeds but they can be prevented. Also avoid physical contact and inhaling of these molds because they can harm your health. They can have more serious health effects to very young and elderly people, immune compromised patients, pregnant women and those with current respiratory problems.
3. Klean-Strip D-Lead Paint Do-It-Yourself Test Kit
This do-it-yourself home test kit is an EPA accredited AND Environmental Technology Verification (ETV) checked kit that identifies the presence of lead and lead chromate in all layers of paint. It can detect lead on drywall, plaster, wood and ferrous metallic areas.
4. Watersafe Drinking Water Do-It-Yourself Test Kit
This do-it-yourself water test kit from one of our partners is used to ensure the safety of your drinking water. It’s a precise, easy to use and affordable water test kit. The watersafe drinking water test kit offers you a complete service. It will detect whether your drinking water contains harmful or unwanted common water contaminants such as bacteria, lead, pesticides, nitrates/nitrites, chlorine, hardness, and pH.
Pollutants that Might be Dissolved in your Tap Water
It’s important to know if your drinking water contains one of the following:
- Bacteria: Microorganism like strains of Escherichia Coli can cause serious disease or even death, particularly in children and elderly.
- Lead: A heavy metal that can impede developmental process in children and cause harmful effect to neurological process and kidney of all ages.
- Pesticides: They’re associated with increased rates of cancer cases, and are xenoestrogen contaminants. The watersafe drinking water test kit can identify the presence of atrazine and simazine, two of the most commonly used pesticides in the United States.
- Nitrates/Nitrites: Found from fertilizers and animal waste products. They can cause developmental complications in children.
- Chlorine: Can contribute to cancer risk, be injurious for your skin and eyes, and cause a foul odor and taste to your water.